We ask all Minnesota Episcopalians to join us, as a start, in taking the following actions:
- Call elected officials to demand justice for George Floyd
- If you can, donate to organizations working on the front line of these issues: Black Visions Collective, Reclaim the Block, CTUL, COPAL, Black Lives Matter Minneapolis, NAACP Minneapolis, Voices for Racial Justice
- Donate to the family of George Floyd
White siblings, we have particular work to do:
- We invite you first of all to get comfortable being uncomfortable. Resist the urge to seek for easy answers, or to wash your hands of culpability.
- This is a profound moment of opportunity for us to learn about the experiences of children of God who have, simply by virtue of their birth, experienced this world very differently.
- Amplify the voices of people of color, particularly African American voices.
We invite you to continue to learn and to move beyond your comfort zone to understand your privilege. We’ve curated many resources over the years that you can find here.
Specific to rebuilding efforts:
- Donate to the Lake Street Council
- Migizi Communication: MIGIZI Communications advances a message of success, well-being and justice for the American Indian community. Support them rebuilding after fire.
- Northside funders group: Raising funds to rebuild on the north side of Minneapolis
Here are some ways we can respond to racist violence as the people of God: Click here