Outdoor Service of Holy Eucharist and Baptism 9:00am
at Beard’s Plaisance on Sunday, October 4th
All of St. John’s is invited to celebrate the Feast of St. Francis by attending an outdoor Service of Holy Eucharist and Baptism at Beard’s Plaisance near the Southwest shore of Lake Harriet. For those who cannot attend physically, you can participate via a livestreamed option or watch the recording later. To minimize risk from COVID-19, we have implemented careful COVID-19 precautions, highlights of which are below. You can find more complete details here. In the event of inclement weather, Lisa will make a decision by 5pm on Saturday Oct. 3 about whether to continue as planned or move to a virtual-only livestreamed service. This will be communicated in the usual Saturday evening worship service email.
- All are requested to wear masks at all times.
- Bring your own chair or blanket.
- Bring a smartphone or tablet to access the service bulletin; you can download it ahead of time here.
- Dress for the weather including cooler temperatures or light rain.
- Enter by walking down the steps from the playground off of Upton Avenue.
- We will have Eucharist with bread only, distributed with minimal contact and movement.
- Families with children are welcome and will be seated in the area closest to the playground.
- There will be an area reserved for seniors or those with higher concern, to maximize distance from those who need more movement.
- Please consider your circumstances carefully. Although we have taken many precautions to minimize risk, it is impossible to eliminate it completely. You can always join us via livestream if you are concerned.
Please observe the following health guidelines:
- Any person who is sick, has a fever or has tested positive for COVID 19 should NOT attend any St. John’s gathering. We ask all attendees to take your temperature before you leave home.
- This gathering will take place outside.
- All persons/households attending worship must sit at least six feet apart and wear masks at all times. In order to keep masks on at all times, we ask that no food be brought or consumed.
- We will allow for at least 6 feet of distance between every family cluster.
- No direct physical contact is allowed between households. Positive gestures are welcomed.
After the service we have other wonderful events as well!
A walk through Roberts Bird Sanctuary at 10:30 am. Learn more here.
Blessing of the Animals on the steps of St. John’s at 2:00pm. Learn more here.