Easter Outdoor Service 10:00am
at Beard’s Plaisance on Sunday, April 4th
All of St. John’s is invited to celebrate Easter at Beard’s Plaisance near the Southwest shore of Lake Harriet. For those who cannot attend physically, we will have a virtual service available as well. We have implemented COVID-19 precautions, highlights of which are below. In the event of inclement weather, Lisa will make a decision by 5pm on Saturday April 3. This will be communicated in the usual Saturday evening worship service email.
- All are requested to wear masks at all times.
- Bring your own chair or blanket.
- Bring a smartphone or tablet to access the service bulletin; you can download it ahead of time here.
- Dress for the weather including cooler temperatures or light rain.
- Enter by walking down the steps from the playground off of Upton Avenue.
- We will have Eucharist with bread only, distributed with minimal contact and movement.
- Families with children are welcome and will be seated in the area closest to the playground.
- Although we have taken many precautions to minimize risk, it is impossible to eliminate it completely. Please consider your circumstances.
Please observe the following health guidelines:
- Any person who is sick, has a fever or has tested positive for COVID 19 should NOT attend any St. John’s gathering. We ask all attendees to take your temperature before you leave home.
- This gathering will take place outside.
- All persons/households attending worship must sit at least six feet apart and wear masks at all times. In order to keep masks on at all times, we ask that no food be brought or consumed.
- We will allow for at least 6 feet of distance between every family cluster.
- No direct physical contact is allowed between households. Positive gestures are welcomed.
After the service we have other wonderful events as well!
Easter Egg Hunt at Beard’s Plaisance following the service.
Opportunity to sit in small groups in prayer in St. John’s Sanctuary between 12 – 2pm.