St. John’s all-ages camping trip is coming up on July 7 through July 9 at Baker Park Reserve. We’ll have church activities and programs throughout the weekend, plus free time to enjoy some of the other amenities at Baker – hiking and bicycling trails, a swimming beach, and a children’s play area. We have reserved two group camping areas, which include a shelter with tables.
Come for one or both nights of camping, or just for the activities during the day and evening. If you have questions or suggestions about the trip, please contact Allen Gooch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612 559-0435. Baker Park Reserve is near Maple Plain, about 20 miles west of downtown Minneapolis. Click here for directions and details about the park. The address is 2309 Baker Park Rd., Maple Plain, MN 55356. We hope to see you there.
St. John’s is hosting these activities, which will start at the group site shelter:
- Friday: social time at 8 pm (possibly with a campfire)
- Saturday: nature/bird hike at 8 am, led by Doug Mensing
- Saturday: brief wild church program at 7 pm. This is an introduction to wild church, and will include readings and time for contemplation and reflection
- Sunday: church service at 10 am, blending a contemporary service, eucharist, and wild church
Other details about the weekend:
- If you are planning to camp on Friday night, check-in is between 3 and 10 pm. For Saturday only campers, check-in is any time before 10 pm.
- Campers should provide their own food and camping equipment. If you need equipment (tents, chairs, sleeping bags, etc.), contact Allen. We have several church members who can loan equipment for the weekend.
- We will be in group campsites Katrina 1 and 2 in the southeastern part of the park. The campsites have pit toilets and water. Showers are available in the individual campground in the park but are not a short walk from the group camp areas.
- Bicycles, canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards are available to rent up to seven days before the camping trip. Visit the Baker Park website for details.
We’ll have activities and programs throughout the weekend, with free time to enjoy outdoor amenities at Baker. To help us better plan the weekend, we’d like to have an approximate number of the people attending. Signing up is not required to take part in any of our activities, nor does it mean you must participate.